[Harp-L] NAMM 2006

Just got back from an afternoon at NAMM!  Wow!  It's like being a kid in the world's greatest
musical toy store!

I caught the last set by Randy Singer who played a wonderful Take 5 with a latin groove.  I told
Randy that I really enjoy his diatonic style which uses overblows WITHOUT the exagerrated vibrato
that so many overblowers use.  Randy was demo-ing the latest Audix Fireball mic which has a very
nice detented volume ring.

I met a couple of other harp-ler's there, Doug and Robert if I recall correctly.  I also visited
the Hohner, Suzuki, Seydel, Huang, Lee Oskar and Rering booths.  And I feel like I only saw a
small fraction of the show.  I'll be there all day Saturday.

Coolest moment of my afternoon - Bernie Worrell demoing a synth when Herbie Hancock steps up and
says "Hi, I'm Herbie Hancock!  Obviously Bernie had never met Herbie before.  He slid over and the
two of them played one synth with 4 hands!

Second coolest moment just wandering around when I realize that walking right next to me is George
Clinton! I got to shake the man's hand and talk to him for a little while!

I was wearing my binaural mics plugged into my Microtrack the whole afternoon (til the battery ran
out after 3 hours).  But before I ran out of juice I recorded Randy's set, the Hancock/Worrell
encounter and an impromptu P-Funk performance of "Maggot Brain" !