Subject: [Harp-L] Winslow harmonica-fiddle gig tomorrow in SF

Winslow writes:

"The centerpiece is of course readings from Burns' works in  impenetrable
but charming Scots accents, including his fabled address to the  haggis
(a sort of gigantic organ-meat sausage). There is also a free  buffet
for those afraid to eat the haggis, as well as a fine selection  of
Scots ales and whiskeys."

....I beg your pardon, whatever do you mean by "impenetrable Scots  accents"?
(kidding, of course....even I couldn't understand my ain faither  at
times).....it sounds like a really fun night...so toast a wee dram to the  Bard for me
and I'm sure someone will get around to singing "My Luve's like  a Red, Red
Rose"....my favourite of his songs. You're becoming more Scots  than me....I so
wish I could attend.  You can keep the Haggis...I  wouldn't eat it either
<G>, but if they have Bridies don't tell us, I  don't want to drool.  Above
all....have fun!

 Harp content?  I'm feeling obliged to practice the  long put aside Scottish
tunes I grew up playing on my tremolos ever  since hearing Donald Black, you,
James Conway, Grant Dermody etc at  SPAH.  I'd forgotten just how much that
music still stirs my blood.

Elizabeth