[Harp-L] OB's

   Thank you Cletus.I couldn't have said it better
myself.In the 70's I did a lot of overblowing on
Golden Melody harps because they're much easier to OB
on and my own band mates thought I was hittin' clams !
My buddy guitarist Peter Atanasoff ( who toured w/
Butterfield and Buzzy Feiten in the early 80's)  told
me Butter used only Marine Bands and I switched back
to them and cut way back on my OB's. I do enjoy
chromatic harp as well- intonation is a very high
priority w/ me. Everyone has to make their own choices
on these issues. Rick Epping (my first harp teacher
back in '71) seems pretty horrified @ the use of
overblows.Now if I could could just get him to push
the slide button on the chrome ! Rick, I kid !!

                          Chris "Hammer" Smith