Subject: [Harp-L] Florida Feb 10-20

Chris Michalek writes:

"Guys,
I have an opportunity to bring my entire band to FL feb  10-20.  We've
been hired to play two private parties for the Miami  Dolphins.  The
shows are seven days apart and they've opted to keep us  in FL for 10
days.
We don't want to be holed up for 10 days in some  mansion in Miami. We
want to get out and play.  Does anybody have any  ideas where I can
pick up several short notice gigs in FL?  We'll have a  car so we can
go anywhere we want...
As for how I got this gig?   We'll I got called two weeks ago and blew
it off as a joke because of the  money that was being offered but then
I got another call last night with  confirmation.  Apparently somebody
of note took one of my cards at a gig  and gave us a call. The lesson
is definately treat everybody as if it could  be your next big break
and don't be afraid to promote yourself.  I was  told the next band
choice if we declined was the Derek Trucks band...   Seems very dream
like to me especially the money but it's real...
Thanks  for the tips.  We're coming to FL.
Chris Michalek"

.....that's an amazing stroke of good luck, Chris....but  well-deserved.  I
know nothing about the Miami area, just that there has to  be lots of:  things
to do, places to go, people to see <G>...gigs to  play....just wanted to
congratulate you.  Terrific news!  From this  should come even better things.

Elizabeth