RE: [Harp-L] ii-V-I question

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Rob.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:40 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] ii-V-I question

Rob.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Here's an example for diatonic cross harp (key of G on C harp):

<snip>
Avoid F (2D whole step bend, D5, D9) like the flu - since it will make it
sound like a G7 chord instead of a G chord. <snip>

OTOH, this is a great place to practice the 5 hole OB--li'l chromatic run
from the A note (whole step draw bend on 3) up to the major 7th (of G--so
it's the flat 5 of C, the F#).

A, B, C, Db, D, E, F, F#, G

Of course, I probably would not use crossharp to play a ii-V-I--but many
here would, and I should probably practice that.  My current fascination is
with the chromatic, and I just ordered a Super 64x.

Thanks to all for everything!
Gary
PS Get well soon Jason.