RE: [Harp-L] 3rd World War (REEDS)

 They don't care because sales keeps growing.    In a nut shell, the harp is a consumable product.  They know  you'll need  replacements soon and they pay people good money to keep an eye on this stuff.  Can't make it too good or we'll lose profits.--- On Tue 01/17, Frank Franze < Franze52@xxxxxxx > wrote:From: Frank Franze [mailto: Franze52@xxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:59:16 -0500Subject: [Harp-L] 3rd World War (REEDS)Mr. Bonfiglio Said...."This brings me to another issue which I tried to change at Hohner 25 years ago. I said why do grind the reeds across the reed instead of down the reed. This would eliminate a great deal of metal fatigue. also why not test the reed lenght and weight and size for optimum response at that pitch, On the chromatic the high B and C# have always been stiff, yet if you tune a set of plates down a half step those same pitches play fine on different size reeds.An optimum reed set up might look very weird in its
varying lengths and sizes, but nobody looks inside the harmonica when you play it. 25 years ago the guy at Hohner told me we would need a (third World War) to get the factory to change making reeds in a uniform size going from big to small on the way up the harmonica. I pointed out that the C# in hole 4 is longer than the C in hole 5 and he said that was his point, the reeds get shorter as you go up the harmonica regardless of pitch." End of Quote....My question is this, would anybody out there be willing to enlist in this fight to get this war started, and just for some fun, I'm couriuos of what kind of protest signs could be made up for protesting out side the factory...I'm thinkin I'll make one that sez {We harmonica players are definitely a gullible group of humanity spendin our hard earned money on product That as Robert pointed out can be totally improved upon}Frank_______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH,