[Harp-L] What key harp for Country and for Minor?

In a message dated 1/16/2006 4:51:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

* Should  I invest in Country tuning or Melody Maker tuning?  I
understand that  these name of these tunings and how the key is specified
may vary from  manufacturer to manufacturer. The County tuning I am
referring to is  different from a standard major diatonic only in that the 5
and 9 draw are  a semi-tone sharper, proving a Major 7 instead of Dominant
7th in 2nd  position.

Paul, I can't advise u re Melody Makers because i have not much experience
with them.  But i find the country tuning extremely valuable.  I play  a lot of
melodies and find it very useful.  If u like country music, listen  to
Charlie McCoy.  He uses them a lot on his albums.  U can go to his  site and
download his key sheet to see what harps he uses.
  The CT by Hohner has the 5th hole raised a half step but not the 9th  hole.
 I think if both holes are modified, isn't that what they call Paddy
Richter?  i forget, never tried that tuning.
ron