[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 29, Issue 41 (Chicken Shack)

Hello, Dave, this is John Broecker from the Milwaukee Harmonica Club. The
tune you refer to, "Back at the Chicken Shack," was written by Jimmy Smith. Many
 performers have played it. I know that Charlie Musselwhite played it,
because I  transcribed and recorded his version for the Hal Leonard music publisher
a few  years back.

An easy arrangement was included in the Hal Leonard book, "Fast Track
Harmonica Songbook." The songbook includes a CD and 8 famous harpers'
transcriptions, made easy for beginners: tunes as performed by Charlie  Musselwhite,
"Harmonica" Smith, Dylan, Lennon, Clapton, Sugar Blue, Billy Joel,  Ray Davies.

I don't know the title of the Musselwhite CD or album on which the "Chicken
Shack" is played. I hope the information is useful. John Broecker  (HOJO).