[Harp-L] RE: bending using tongue-block

      Hi Dennis,

  I first listened to the Walters, Sonny Boys and all the post-war classics around 1969, so by now I should've developed an ear for tongue block nuances to some extend, and I believe I have.
  I must confess though, that I don't recall hearing too much evidence for your case in holes 1, 2 and even 3.
  The last couple of years I hardly play a bluesrecord anymore, so I might have to refreshen my listening?
  If you now of any examples from the top of your head, please pass them on.

  About "how can you tell but by listening to records"?
  Oral report by the players.
  You mentioned James Cotton for instance; he's still alive, and I bet some harmonica player has asked him about it.
  George Smith must've told people like Piazza, Clarke etc.

  You also wrote: << I TB my overblows because I TB whenever I play harp.
  and: <<The TB topic has been done here to death,

  Exactly my sore point. It hasn't been.
  Not when talking about TB-overblows!
  Some months ago I brought up the subject and I got several offlist reactions from people saying they were glad that finally someone touched the topic.
  You were one of the very few who responded then, but it has hardly been done to death.

  I can (on some of my harps) do a left mouth corner TB-overblow on holes 1 and 4, but not on the right side of my mouth; not even on that same 4.
  I don't necessarily absolutely want to be able to do it, and don't practise it intensely, I admit, but I dó find it intrigueing enough to hear more about.
  I'm quite happy with my present day mixed embouchure of TB and puckered OB's, but who knows I'll play differently in two years, if this does get discussed to death?

  Ludo