[Harp-L] RE: bending using tongue-block

    Dennis wrote:
<<I believe most of the Chicago style players to be
TB'ing the bends to the left, so if they are bending
the 2 draw, they are blocking hole 1...etc...

  What leads you to believe that, Dennis?
  Can you tell the difference between pucker- and TB-bend by listening to the records? (not being sarcastical - dead serious question)

<<most of the "cream of the crop" did that (Big Walter, both Sonny Boys, James Cotton, Little Walter most of the time, George Smith most of the time....).

  Where did you get that info?
  I know they all TB'ed heavily, but including the lower holes?

  <<I do TB my overblows as well.
Hope this helps.

  Not really; too many questions remain... ;-)
  Do you TB your OB's because that's how you learned?
  Would you advise a beginning harper to TB OB's?
  I find this intrigueing stuff which has been discussed here before, but never to a point where it leaves a satisfactory answer really.
  I wonder why so many harpers get into detailed debates about amps and mikes and such, but hardly anyone seemes to care getting deeper into this TB OB-thing.
  (including you, Dennis - apparently one of the few who can do it properly ;-))

  Ludo