[Harp-L] Shaker Retro Rocket microphone

I have been playing the new mic from Shaker lately. It is called the Retro
Rocket.

This mic small, comfortable in my hands - no fatigue from gripping it
tightly trying to achieve a sealed cup and lightweight.

It is painted red with a cast grill. Very attractive. It has a volume knob
on the back which has a very linear taper. If you turn it down a little, it
gets a little quieter. The sound is good. Not quite as much bass response as
a Controlled magnetic, but certainly more than a crystal mic.

I am able to change the sound I am getting from the Retro Rocket by
adjusting how far from the grill I hold the harmonica. Closer is fatter, if
that isn't obvious. Also, because of the small size and tapered shape, hand
wah effects are easily achieved.

The connection is by the old school screw-on connector, so have an adapter
handy. I just leave one on it.

Ben Hernandez played through it the other night and sounded great. Lee
Oskar, Mark Hummel, and Magic Dick saw it and thought it looked cool. Later
they heard me play through it and all three separately complemented my
playing. Of course, YMMV

It is a cool mic. I believe you will want one.

hj