[Harp-L] Re: My Reply to Sonny's Post on 1/12/06

In a message dated 1/13/2006 3:29:05 PM Eastern Standard Time, Grbullets2
writes:

Hello all,yesterday I was shocked to see a post on harp-l ,from sonny
jr,falsely claiming that I have been trying to steal
his "amp secrets",and naming me by my full name,and asking his customers not
to give me any info on his amps.I am in no way seeking information on his
amps. Why he jumped to that conclusion I do not know.I want to set the
record straight to all who have any doubts.
        I am in the business of building top quality harp mic's,not amps,and
I have no interrest at all in stealing anything from sonny,or anyone else for
that matter.I built myself an amplifier to which I have been modifying
since I built it many months ago.I have been looking for info on a particular
mod,called a contact bias mod,of which I have no idea if sonny uses or not.If
anyone who knows about it can help me with it,please email me off line. I
emailed one of my old customers
asking if
he had a diagram of this mod which I could understand clearer.This person
happens to own a sonny amp,and he emailed sonny to ask if he could send me a
copy of
whatever he had,which I would have done the same.My intention had nothing
whatsoever to do with how sonny builds his amp,nor did I ask,"through the
back
door",as sonny claims, to get his secret modifications.I couldn't care less
what
sonny does with his amps.I've never played through one,heard one,or even
seen one
for that matter.Why would I want to steal his secert mods?
         I know by being a list member that some people have been getting on
sonny's nerves,and trying to get info from him,which I agree is wrong.I am
NOT one of those
people,and why he would come on the list and mention me by name when I've
never even
spoken to the man either through the list or by email is beyond my
imagination.
        I hope that all of you who know me,know that I am not the type of
person to steal anything from someone who has worked hard to perfect.I
hope that
any of you who don't know me, won't hold what he said against me.I'm a harp
player as well as a mic builder,and I'm looking to perfect my amp as well
as the
rest of you are,but I'm not trying to steal anything from anybody,no
matter who
it is.
        I'm really dumbfounded at what happened here yesterday,and I hope that
you all know me better than that.Why sonny did what he did mentioning me
by name
is beyond my wildest imagination.I assure you I have no interrest stealing
anything from anyone.
      Personally,I am more than happy to share any information that I have
with anyone, as anyone who has contacted me in the past knows,which is
exactly why I created my website on green bullet mics
which
is now up but still in it's early stages.I have alot more to share with you
in the coming months.
        Thank you,and " To each his tone"!  Dave Kott