[Harp-L] Wealth of Stealth - surprises lurking quietly at Seydel website

In responding to queries about the Chordomonica, Michael Timmler of
SEydel writes:

>May be in this context the Seydel Chromatic DeLuxe >Chor is
interesting:
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.storefront/?ObjectID=10605&Locale=en_GB

Surprised No. 1:

This takes us to a single-slide harp that is tuned to give the chords
C, G7, F, and D# diminished 7. This appears to be identical to the
Chordomonica I.

Surprise No 2:

But it contains further links to a coupled of double-reeded
souble-sided Syedel harps that have a similar premise, the Mountain
Harp and the Bergzauber (which appear to be the same except for comb
materials - plastic and wood respectively).

I had always assumed these instruments were the same basic harp as the
Hohner double-sided Echo series.

But I was wrong.

Instead, as far as I can tell, one side of the harp gives you C and G7
chords, while the other gives you G and F chords.

It would be interesting to see the actual note layouts for these harps.

While the rationale is that between C,F,G, and G7 chords you have the
most basic chords of C major, right away I can see a harp with G and F
chords could be great for modal fiddle tunes in G.

This after finding about the Hochlandsklänge, where each NOTE is a
chord. I've been trying to get hands on one but the factory has run out
as they've suddenly become popular.

These quiet, unassuming folkd at Seydel keep yielding new surprises on
close inspection.

Michael keeps finding the right opportunity to give us something new to
consider.

Winslow