[Harp-L] RE: Chromatic Jump...

Hi -

All seems to be true what is written here on this
topic, but I didn't see anyone mention George Smith's
tune yet...I missed it if someone did. Obviously
George's version would have inspired Clarke & Piazza,
at least to some degree.

George Smith recorded it as "Just Bluesin'", which I
have on an old CD compilation, Elko Blues Vol.
(something-or-other). Probably out of print now, but
not sure of that.

The only version that I know of that has a player
switching to diatonic harp, is William Clarke's live
version originally released on the "Tip Of The Top"
LP, which is now on CD. Clarke plays some on diatonic
in the middle of the tune.

Thanks for listening (on the air now!!)
www.wfdu.fm

-Dennis Gruenling