Re: [Harp-L] question for 410 owners

I use a light blue 1950's Shure CR41 with a black label (99H86) Controlled Reluctance element in it. This is the best mic I own. I run it through a Ron Holmes modified Danecho delay pedal set with just a slight touch of delay. I plug the mic into the normal channel 1 input, and bridge the Normal channel 2 input into the Bright channel 1 input.
tube set up is all NOS: 5U4, (2) Sylvania 6L6s, (2) 12au7s, (1) 12aT7

I also have a smoking Shure green bullet 520SL with a label CM element in it.

Lately I have been trying the crummiest mics I can find through the SJ410 just to see what it CAN'T do as it seems that any mic I run though it can be made to sound great (almost. check my other post about the NADY VH7).

Also: there is a mod that can be made to the Bright 1 channel that is a wonder. It's great for the weaker crystal mics I have. Sonny sent me the info and I had my tech do the mod. Whoa. The first time I plugged my old JT30 in it blew me away. It's like a built-in power boost that also adds presence at the same time.

-------------- Original message from mjmeadors@xxxxxxx: --------------