Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] mics in pro jr (was Stick/ball mic)

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick & Dana Siekmann" <dsiekmann@xxxx>
wrote:

<snip>
FWIW, I'm running a "new" Blues Blaster through a Fender Pro Jr., and no
matter how I fiddle with the setup, there is something lacking in the sound.
(My "chops", of course, but I'm working on that....)  I did do a tube swap
on the amp to cut down the feedback, now I'm wondering if there's a better
microphone choice to compliment it.

Also, thanks to those who have responded...like I said, I'm fairly new to
this deal, and I do need all the help I can get.

Hey, Rick (or Dana?).  Interestingly, I was just running a number of microphones through
my Pro. Jr.  Mot of my microphones sound great through it.  Some stick, some bullet.  I
used to have a microphone like your late model blues blaster, and it sounded good
through it, too.  While that mike would not be my mike of choice through that amp right
now, there really shouldn't be anything very seriously lacking especially for someone fairly
new.  It may be that you need to work on your cupping.  (FWIW, some current favs into my
pro jr. are JT30Ceramic, EV638, and a couple of different bullets with "Controlled
Reluctance" -- a good name for a CD by the way  -- go ahead anybody, steal it!) --John K.