Subject: [Harp-L] Stolen!! case of harps and mics

Steve writes about the stolen harps,mics and case:

" Luckily,  the crackhead didn't steal his 1961 2x10 Brown Fender  Super."

.....thank goodness for small favors.  I hope your friend checks the  local
pawn shops and keeps checking daily?  That's the most likely place  they'll end
up if the thief really was someone in need of instant  money....rather than
selling them on EBay.  Of course, the  Pawnshop owner or someone buying them
from the absconder could end up  selling them on EBay so someone should be
keeping an eye out there as well,  eventually...but the likely scenario is: instant
money so a quick  sell.

 Which brings us to:  how can we "mark" or otherwise id our good  harps/mics
to ensure they don't get sold to unsuspecting customers?  Or at  least get
returned to us if they are?   Knowing that reed  plates/covers can be swapped
out?  Where would you mark or engrave your  harps, or is it even feasible?  I'm
thinking of my Super 64's and  those who own even more expensive chromatics,
custom Filiskos, vintage mics,  etc.  Tell you one thing...if I were ever
fortunate enough to own something  on the order of a Renaissance, it would somehow
be microchipped, just as is done  to pets!

Elizabeth