[Harp-L] Re: bassman mods

We hit on this thread every 4-6 months it seems. I just had two recent
customers buy our amp due to having Kendrick mods done on their reissue and not
being happy. Starting with a kit with the cheapest parts available then thinking
 tube mods will make a huge difference is a nice low budget way to go, you
can  only get so far with that method, then may end up spending more than you
think,  and will never have the full understanding of the bassman like our
customers get  with the 410, which is more of an investment for life while getting
the info  handed to you. Tinkering if fun for some, as I mentioned at one
other point,  there are 81 variations of possibilities for the 3 preamp tubes, I
spent my 3  years researching each possibility and also various parts to come
up with our  system. I am sure with everyone's individual taste and all the
other  experimenters out there you can try lots of things. Buying parts from Asia
and  China while we keep all our parts built by companies established in the
USA for  years, sure we pay more, but I won't go that route. It's all about
synergy of  the whole amp. Tubes will help. Good luck.