Re: [Harp-L] tube replacements

If you can't afford first tier NOS, I sure can't, you might try the Russian or Czech tubes. There are many sources. They're in the ten to twenty dollar each range. The following list is not inclusive, just places where I've bought tubes:

triodeelectronics.com
tubesandmore.com
tubedepot.com

There are plenty more.

Mullard, Telefunken, and Amperex are some of the NOS brands people swear by.

Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell

Nick Kirkes wrote:
Does anyone have some good recommendations for tube companies? I have a
Blues Jr. on it's way to me and, following some tips I've read, I'd like to
swap the standard 12AX7 pre-amp tubes for 12AY7 tubes to cut down on
feedback. I'll be using a new green bullet mic with the amp.
I saw someone mention groovetubes on this list, but I'd like to make sure
I'm not buying junk. I just don't know enough about tubes and tube
manufacturers to make an informed decision on brand.
Thanks guys (and gals),
Nick