Re: [Harp-L] Where can I buy greg szlapczynski CDs in the USA/online?

dennis moriarty wrote:
> He sounds really terrific on his samples.

Funny, I'm listening to "La Part du Diable" right now!  I acquired
Greg's first two CDs ("Gregtime" and "Ternaire Madness") through the
kindness of Ben Felten.  The latest one ("La Part du Diable"), I got
online from Amazon.fr.  I remembered enough of my college French to
negotiate the site and successfully place an order with my credit
card.  I think with shipping and currency exchange rates it ended up
costing me about $30.  Might be more now that the dollar has sunk
against the euro. The only downside is getting all the advertising
spam in French.

I love Szlapczynski's playing.  Most important, his latest album, in
my opinion, transcends the "harmonica album" genre.  The cuts are
imaginative and very well produced, with a lot of modern musical
elements, including samples, orchestration, etc.  Without the great
harmonica, this would still be a great album.  That makes it a
favorite in my book.

-tim