RE: [Harp-L] "Baritone" chromatic

My esteemed colleague and pal JR Ross writes:

First, let's define some terms.  If we accept the pitch generally
referred to as middle C as being the lowest note on a standard 48 or
12-hole chromatic in the key of C, then the correct term for the lowest
note on a 64 or 16-hole chromatic would be tenor C.  The next octave
below would be termed "baritone" C and below that again is bass C.

correctamundo JR- voices of instruments are usually only seperated by a fourth or a fifth
I am talking about the lowest note on a cello or baritone sax, that low C.
those instruments are definitely NOT bass instruments, they are baritones.
I would like an istrument that would have that range with facility so that I could play bari or cello parts in a harmonica version of a sax or string quartet.

great to have your expertise back on the L JR!

Michael Peloquin
http://tinyurl.com/5tpjg
http://www.harpsax.com