RE: [Harp-L] Baritone harmonica

Just wondering, if anyone has looked into soldering and tuning an
existing 270, or CX? You could weight the reeds to tune them down - I
know this only because of a low low F harp I have... and the low A...
and the back ordered low G... the reeds have been weighted with solder
to get the notes pretty darn low.

So I bet an exisiting chromatic could be modified to meet this need.

Would I do it? If anyone wants to pay a few months salary while I go off
and figure it out... sure thing. I reckon a CX would be a decent model
to staart with.
Would it work? Probably not. haha

But, I think the concept of soldering, weighing the reeds, and adding
the appropriate valve types, would be fine. Heck I bet half valving
wouldn't be so bad either.

flame on

BTW, I call my low low F a "diatonic tuba".