[Harp-L] re: cleaning...oops! 3 questions

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Subject: [Harp-L] cleaning...oops!
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I just had to put this in quickly. Don't use the denture cleaning tablets
for the Bushman harps. I did and forgot them...and my Hohners (using Turbo
lids). The Bushies had turned orange on every edge and only the Good Lord
knows what it looked like inside! It was like instant years of rust! I was
horrified. I do not have the tool to open them. I rinsed, of course, lots
and quickly in distilled water. They seem ok. I just wiped the orange junk
off where I could see it. We have tons of calcium in our water, so I only
use distilled to clean them.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

So this happened WHEN you were using distilled water??

And: how does the Hohner brass formulation differ from the Bushman (assuming it does)?

What brand of denture cleaning tablets were you using?

THANKS! Eric

** Media Production for the New Millennium **
** http://www.oz.net/~jeric/index.htm **
** "Mammon, of course is no friend to purity, but purity **
** doesn't put 200 tons of structural steel into orbit." **