Re: [Harp-L] Breath Control is worth learning and aids harp playing

First: I would like to agree that changing a thread over time is fine,
just talk about whatever comes up. More gets said that way and it's
the way conversations naturally go.

Second: I am curious now as to whether lung capacity can be changed. I
know that proper breathing will make it appear to be larger since you
are using it all, but can you at least by some small amount increase
it with time? I ask since my musician friends have a much larger
breath capacity (trumpet and saxophone players I know heaving the
largest, it was measured, long story) than the average person. Is this
just part of why they have become so good at their instrument, did it
develop with them as they were younger playing the instruments, or
over time has it increases?

Third: How is playing with a wider air path better? I know a
constricted airway, but is there a certain point where the difference
becomes so small it is unnoticeable or even nonexistent. If not that
bass singers would have an advantage since in that case you end up
with a larynx and pharynx "like a shower stall"; bigger = more
overtones = better.

Just curious