[Harp-L] Kawasaki Micro-Jammers Harmonica Toy

>From Hojo, to harp players: This is a report on a toy "harmonica" that I
recently purchased for $6 + tax at a Walgreen's drug store. First, it's not a
harmonica, but a toy that looks like
a harmonica, it plays blues harp licks at the press of a button. It  operates
on two AAA batteries (included). It's called a Kawasaki Micro-Jammers
Harmonica.

It has a speed control and 5-6 buttons, each with a different blues harp  jam
recording. It's made in China, and distributed by Kidz Toyz, Inc., 280 North
Bedford, Suite 203, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549, USA. Phone 1-877-543-9869.

You can probably find it in the toy department of any Walgreen's drug  store.
It's listed as not for children ages 1-3, but for ages 5 and over it's
listed as safe.

I've enjoyed playing it, at fast, medium and slow tempi, and we've used it
in performances with the Milwaukee Harmonica Club, as a novelty. We  tell our
audiences that anyone can play a harmonica, and we ask for a  volunteer from
the audience to play the "harmonica".

I enjoy playing it, with face contorsions, trying to look like the blues
harp player that I'm not.
It's a great comedy hit. I'm not a salesman or representative of the
Kawasaki Motors Corp., (licensed producers), nor of the Kidz Toyz company. I  just
enjoy the toy harmonica.

Someone on this list asked a few months back if there is a harmonica that
"plays itself. No practicing needed."  Yes, there is! HOJO.