From: "Peter and Connie Ruth" <conruth@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:17 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Madcat has a new band

My new band, Madcat’s Pressure Cooker, has it’s debut on March 3,
2006.  We will be opening act that night for Buckwheat Zydeco at
Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, MI.

The new band is:
Chris Benjey on keyboards
Oni Werth on bass
Jim Carey on drums
and I’ll be singing and playing harmonica, guitar and ukulele.

Some of you might remember the name Madcat’s Pressure Cooker.  This
is the fourth band I’ve had that used that name. (The last
incarnation of Madcat’s Pressure Cooker died off about 15 years ago.)

For the last 15 years or so I have spent most of my time playing in
the acoustic duo Madcat & Kane, playing in the acoustic trio Triple
Play, or playing solo gigs.  So it’s great to have a band again.  I
haven’t had a band with bass and drums in the USA since Madcat’s
Cosmic Navigators played at Buckeye in 2002  (We only had 2 gigs.)
The USA band before that was Madcat & The Cats, which had one gig in
April 1999.

The only electric band I play with on a regular basis is the Big Joe
Manfra Blues Band of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.  I have been touring
with them  for a few weeks every year for the past nine years and I
will be touring with them again in April.

Peter Madcat Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net