Subject: [Harp-L] Super 64

Harmonica Blue writes:

"I purchased a Super 64 from an online music store that arrived with  a
significant amount of what appears to be dried spit in the holes.  A  polish
or wax might have been used in manufacturing that accumulated in  there,
although I doubt it. Has anyone else experienced this?"

...No way!!! For what they cost, back to the store it  goes!  First a phone
call of complaint...tell them what you just told  us.  A Super 64's mouthpiece
should be pristine out of the box.  There  is no polish or wax used on the
silverplate mouthpiece.  I got mine from  Musician's Friend and the only
complaint I had is that they shipped 3 harmonicas  together in one box with no
wrapping/padding in between, so they bounced off  each other, breaking one box, the
hinge on another and chipping a sliver  out of an Echo mouthpiece.  But they
were beautifully clean at least.   Looks like they shipped you a returned harp
without so much as checking it  over.  Ugh!
Elizabeth