Re: [Harp-L] Playing through vocal mics- a case for using your own rig

Something to remember: When you are "sitting in", you already relegate
yourself to their will and set up.  If they wish to take a few moments to
set you up with your own mic, great; but don't expect that everyone will or
will be able to.  After all, it is their show, not yours.  If, for example,
you were to visit one of our shows, you would have no choice but to use a
vocal mic, since I use a vocal mic when I play harmonica and we have an
acoustic set up which must be specifically balanced against the use of a
harmonica mic or an amp.  Everything we have runs through the board.
However, if it is pre-arranged that you would bring your equipment and join
the show in a planned fashion, then you would tune in your equipment when we
tune in ours and your stuff would be ready for you.

Cara