[Harp-L] Inverted Reed Plates

Once, when putting a harp back together, I accidentally put the blow plate
on bottom and the draw plate on top.  When I realized my mistake, I played
around with it for a few minutes anyway.  It was an interesting sensation,
being able to blow bend on holes 1-6 and draw bend on 7-10.  Not sure if you
could consider this an alternate tuning, but it felt completely different.
I'm wondering if anyone else has played around with this setup or even
seriously plays on it?  Is it safe for the reeds to be using these inverted
techniques?

Jonathan Metts