Re: [Harp-L] big sound

Titanium combs are EXCELLENT.So is stainless steel... But it is HEAVY.
Plated brass? ok...Aluminum is ok... but not as good as stainless steel.. Or
silver.....
Back to ... Was it SPAH '1997??? Comb material seminar.. (Look it up in the
archives!)
The AUDIENCE can't tell the difference.... Wood, plastic, metal... even
concrete...
BUT... I have found that, AS A PLAYER that the most responsive harps  have
had metal combs.... NOT because of any question of "soundbox"... But I've  found
harps with a very stable comb, of metal, tend to seem to play better than
any other.
I guess you just need a very stable comb... But also the design of the comb
must make a difference.
Heck... The more I learn the less I know! :-)
Best wishes
John Walden
London
England