[Harp-L] Da Blues and Its Origins

Originally, the slave sang against his master's cruel demands.

He was promised that he could sing on Sunday if a hard week's worth of work
had been done Monday through Saturday.

Risking punishment from his master from his speaking out from  head and
heart, as he sang, he substituted for his master's name words like  mistress, lady,
woman, gal pal or whatever he wanted to use as a disguise.

He missed the juke in Africa, and longed to be free.

Search out Dan Treanor and Rex Peoples  and their band called African Wind,
Denver.

I will ask my friend, Devon Evans, for more information,  too.

Bob Marley's spirit will be with us when we  speak.