[Harp-L] Re:There's Blues...tears. Suzy's Harp Emotions. Offlist thanks....

Suzy writes (snipped):
" Harp Emotions
Perhaps the reason harpists are told to tap their instrument lightly on
their pant leg during and after playing is so to remove all the blood, sweat,  and
tears produced from that little song that hits them hard in the  head and
heart.
I have seen Jason play deliciously emotional, finish his part of the  song,
turn around to his amp, make adjustments, then return to his microphone  and
continue the song"...
..."He also uses a towel on stage to remove what looks like just
perspiration.
I think there may be tears involved, also, at times."
..."I think, Elizabeth, one must keep searching for one's true enlightened
harp path. It will make itself known to you when it is ready.
Aloha...........................SQB"

....Thanks, Suzy.....I realize as Jason's No. 1 fan nonpareil your primary
focus is on how my question might relate to him...but since you play  harp too,
I'd rather have gotten your own unique perspective as a  woman  harmonica
player.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "searching for one's true  enlightened
harp path"?  I'm fairly clear about where I'm headed  harmonically...but it
seems to have little to do with the question I  posited....which is:  how do
others here deal logistically with the  issue of overwhelming emotions in one's
real life causing physical tears  leaking into our unique instrument while
playing.   (I  didn't mean a particular song reviving an emotional memory...that's a
 separate issue altogether).

....By the way, I've had several incredibly moving off-list responses to  the
question.  I'm humbled by how willing some gentlemen here (who would  not
usually discuss such deeply private and emotional issues)....were  to bare their
hearts and share their personal stories with me.  Thank  you all so much.
You've helped enormously.

Elizabeth