[Harp-L] Moving while playing

Quoting harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx:
Bonfilio writes:
> My body motion has been the subject of several reviewers through out my
> career,
> so I know a bit about this.
>
>  I find I use body motion to facilitate playing and for relaxation while I
> play.
>  Sometimes I will do what might appear to be an odd motion, like jumping and
> collapsing my body onto my diaphragm to get the most power out of a note,
> just
> to get the musical results I want.  Sometimes I move in rhythm to relax or
> play
> one handed for the same reason. I notice Toots does this as well.  If motion
> creates tension, like holding your elbow up while playing, it probably is not
> good idea.
>

> So there you are, most people watch music.  If your a listener and can't
> stand a
> person's motion or find it distracting, close your eyes.

I too, have had comments on my hand motions and movements as being a
distraction, but the sound and tone is fine...Anyone who saw me play at The
Garden State Festival or even at the jams at SPAH would know that...I agree,
just close your eyes, mine certainly are, usually. I feel the music, that
way...It reminds me of the time in the movie 'Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid'
where they wanted to see if Redford was a good shot...when standing still to
shoot, he couldn't hit anything. Then he asked if he could move and he was dead
on everytime. So just let me move...Pete Graber