[Harp-L] Richard Hunter "Paris Boogie" in Broadjam Top 10

Hi all,

I mentioned in a previous post that my latest blues, "Paris Boogie," is
available for listening on Broadjam.com.  I was informed this morning
that the song has just entered Broadjam's Blues Top 10 lists for 1)
modern blues and 2) blues artists from Connecticut.

Here's what Broadjam says about how the Top 10 lists are compiled:
"Fans, musicians, and industry pros, listen to and evaluate songs. After
a song has been reviewed three times it becomes eligible for a Broadjam
Top 10. The ten songs that have the highest average rating, based upon
reviews, are placed on the Broadjam Top 10. Each genre also has a Top 10
that is comprised of the ten highest rated songs in that genre. All
Broadjam Top 10's are updated daily. Once a song has been evaluated, our
algorithms determine the fairness of the review. When complete,
placement in our ranking system is determined."

So thanks to everyone who's listened to and reviewed "Paris Boogie"! If
you haven't heard it yet and want to, it's free and easy enough. (You
have to do about 3 clicks.)  First, go to this link:
http://www.broadjam.com/top10

When you get there, select "Top 10" from the menu bar.  Then click on
"genre" or "region" on the "view by" line beneath the menu bar. If you
chose "genre", click on "Blues," then on "Modern Blues."  If you chose
"region," click on "Connecticut."  At that point, you'll see a list of
artists and songs.  Click on the "Play" button next to "Paris Boogie"
and you'll hear the song.  (You can buy the MP3 for 99 cents if you
want, or you can listen to it streaming all day for free if you prefer.)

Harp tech notes: "Paris Boogie" was recorded using a Labtec AM-22 mic
into a Digitech RP200 running a patch I developed based on the hard
"Stack" amp model.  There are four harp parts on the recording, two
recorded on a Lee Oskar Natural Minor in A, the other two on a standard
Lee Oskar D harp, all in second position.  I worked hard to develop the
melody for the piece, but the 4-part harp ensemble in the middle was a
happy accident; I had made 4 tracks, and when I hit play I suddenly
heard them all together and thought "hmmmm...".  I played all the parts
(harps, bass, organ, amplified strumstick) except for the slide guitar
(courtesy of my brother Mark) and the drums (which are based on a couple
of drum loops from a New Orleans loop collection).  The recording was
tracked and mixed in Cakewalk Sonar.

Thanks again for listening, regards,
Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com