[Harp-L] Subject: Re: there's the Blues and then there's Blues

The recent talk here about playing emotively and with one's whole body
brings me to something I've been curious about for some time, but  recent
circumstances have made this a more imperative question:

..While I understand a great many people here play Blues music..and we know
that the word in its purest form denotes being sad or "blue" and given as
well that some of the very best (and most emotional) songs stem from  the deepest
pain.....just how do you handle it as a harmonica player  when the level of
your personal heartbreak makes it well-nigh impossible  for you to play?

 Or does it?   Can you play your harp anyway?

One can easily still play piano or guitar, but the harmonica is unique  in
that it's a bit tough to continue producing notes while tears are  running into
the mouthpiece, I've found.  So how do you manage,  those  of you who have to
show up to please an audience, no matter what?

Elizabeth