Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Low C

I've owned three low C's.  The best by far was a Jimmie Gordon low D Special
20 tuned down to Low C.  No customization, just re-tuning.  In a turbolid,
the harp was sweet, easy to play, with no low end reed clicking due to the
fat low end on the TL's.  Next was the Seydel.  I own several of their low
tuned harps, and have had pretty good luck.  Twice, I've had to do
reed/valve work, especially on the low end,  most recently on a low G, where
the one blow was locked up and wouldn't emit a sound when it arrived.  Once
the reeds, and valves are setup properly, it's a good harp, much better in
my experience than the Soul Voice low boy harps, which I've found to be
extremely inconsistent, clunky, and difficult to work with.  I think Seydel
is doing fantastic things with their variety of different tunings, and  I
hope they get enough support to keep the revival going.

Mark