[Harp-L] Mr. Ball

    Hey,
           Don't tell anyone this, but Tom Ball was
already semi-legendary
when I was just starting to play some (ahem) many
years ago. I saw him, met him at Santa Monica College
where he was playing sweet blues very cleanly. I was
attempting to see how many notes could possibly get
crammed into a bar. He's the only harp player I know
who
Rod Piazza (the recalcitrant) speaks glowingly of. I'm
writing this for anyone on the list who doesn't
already know this. Also unlike some well known harp
players, he has the reputation of being in Bob
Mercer's words "a real sweetheart".

Chris "Hammer" Smith

Chris "Hammer" Smith
Hammer Smith Band