RE: [Harp-L] Need travel tips to Europe

Can I bring my bullet mic as a carry on European airlines?

Dennis B. Alters, MD,

I can't answer definitively but I don't see why not. Last year I travelled to Australia and back from Heathrow and my carry-on bag contained a mini-amp, seven harps in a Lee Oskar case and my lapel mic, not to speak of my minidisc recorder and the paraphernalia that went with it. All that lot went through several X-ray machines en route but I only got asked about the harps one time out of a possible four. I offered to play the nice security lady at Kuala Lumpur a tune but she declined with a smile. Lined up in the case, the harps must have looked like a terrorist ammo pack to the X-ray machines! If you're worried just stick it your hold bag...?

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm