[Harp-L] fwd from Jon Gindick

Thanks From Jon Gindick

A big thanks to our Dallas Campers. You guys were great. I saw so much
improvement. I'd put the quality of Jam Camper playing against the playing
of any other seminar. I love you.

And our coaches! Dennis Gruenling, Hash Brown, Adam Gussow, Richard Sleigh,
Paul Harrington, Mark Wilson, and me -- this was one swinging camp.

A third of our members were returnees, and we set up a separate,
intermediate and returnee track for them.  The coach to student ratio
Was six to one for three days.

A word about our returnees: Man, it feels good when you sign up again.
I'm like you. Let's do this all the time. And your improvement! It's
so exciting to see what you have done between camps. And it's not just
Jam Camp. Between camps guys and gals have been out playing, taking
lessons, going to other seminars, and you are getting good fast.  And you
are so much more relaxed. (So much about on stage imrpov is about
adrenaline management.)

Hash Brown is a GREAT blues musician. The people he brought in to play with
Him. In particular, Sonny Collie and Keven were just great.

And we were so lucky to have Dan Rupa playing guitar on those late night
jams. Dan was playing  acoustic guitar for dozen harp players in a circle
in the lounge. One lady called me over and said "What is this?" I explained
about Jam Camp, And she said, "We were sitting here, and these people came
in and sat down...it's wonderful, it's like they're having this conversation
without words."

Conversation without words.

Anyway, you can get a dvd of the Big Sunday afternoon Jam, and sit in with
the pros and the campers alike by emailing Jon Gentry at
jgentry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx It's two DVD, and I think he wants $20 plus shipping.

Our next camp is the beginning of April in Somerset, New Jersey, April
7,8,9, 2006  We are at 15 people and will probably have about 35. Hope so,
anyway!  Our coaches will be Jon Gindick, Dennis Gruenling, Richard Sleigh,
James Day, Mark Wilson, and guest genius/coach, Allen Holmes.  This is a
great mix and combination of talents and expertise. Dennis is forming a
Special Dennis Gruenling Jam Camp band with some of the best guys in his
exhalted musical circle. And, based on the feedback we got from our
returnees and intermediates, this new track is an idea whose time has come.
As our players get better, we need to offer more.

At the same time, I continue to give 30 minute phone consulations to
everyone who signs up, and wants one.

I know our reputation is that we are mostly for beginners. Well, we are for
beginners, but we are also for intermediates of all levels. We are small
enough, and have enough coaches and separate rooms,  to respond to the needs
of our campers.  If we know you want a 3-day overblowing and harp tweaking
crash course, along with everything else we have to offer (like, also a 3
day crashcourse in tongue-blocking effects from Dennis Gruenling), we can
give it to you. (Providing it's appropriate for your level.)

The last part of this rare commercial message is that I have a free
newsletter that goes out monthly, and is filled real harp content
as well as jam camp info. The content includes ideas on structuring solos,
tab for songs, chugging, bending, positions. Come to my website, sign up
for these free news. It's an alternative. It's http://www.Gindick.com
http://www. harmonicajamcamp.com or call 800-646-9245

Thanks everybody for reading this, and to the listowners at Harp-L for
letting be commercical once in a while.

Jon