[Harp-L] Bebop Banjo

A few days ago I made a crack about bebop diatonic being akin to bebop banjo.   Well wouldnt you
know it, I got an off-list message from a bebop banjo player.   Apparently there is a whole
community of bebop banjo players.   Just Google "bebop banjo" and you'll find discussions
regarding chromaticism on the banjo and whether the instrument will ever be truly accepted in the
jazz community outside of its original dixieland role.  I can imagine a quintet now - diatonic
harmonica, 4-string banjo, accordion, tuba and drums burning up "Cherokee".   I'd pay to see that!