[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 30, Issue 29 (Is harmonica Your 1st Instrument?)

Alexander: My first instrument was a snare drum, back in 1958. I then
studied snare and drum set, then percussion,and I've made a comfortable living
playing and teaching percussion
for about 40 years. In the late 1960s, I bought my first harmonica, a  Hohner
Echo double-sided, #57, when I enlisted in the US Army National  Guard.

My Echo was destroyed when I was crawling through sand in military training
exercises. I later bought a Hohner Marine Band, not because it had a military
name, but because it was less expensive than the Echo, and I found it easier
to  play. I've branched out to all other types of harmonicas, and I really
enjoy  playing harmonicas. I've even had a few pro gigs on harmonica, but my main
 instruments will remain percussion. HOJO.