[Harp-L] Re: WAS- Subject:Re: Overblowing---NOW ---"eliminated from the elite circle of overblowers"

randy singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is the most oversimplified gapping method that exists...Just close
> the gap   as much as you can until the note "craps" out. Then, bring
> the reed up just slightly.

back when i used to work on my own motorcycles, the rule of thumb
for how much to torque a bolt was, "torque it 'til it strips, then back it
off a quarter".  i guess harps are more forgiving.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

We do not come here to stay the same.
We come here to be changed.

Alison B. Miller