[Harp-L] My Filisko Harmonica

In 1991 Joe Filisko presented me with one of his very early examples of what was to later become his line
of highly prized “Filisko” custom harmonicas. It is a solid brass body, with brass cover plates and Lee
Oskar reed plates in the key of C. The comb holes are round. This model has block lettering stating
“Customized ‘Lee Oskar’ for Danny Wilson by Filisko”, followed by his phone number, and precedes his
later models that included beautifully engraved script on the cover plates. It is signed on the bottom cover
plate with an electric engraver: “Filisko 1991” and weighs 6.5 oz.

While this edition is not representative of his (and trained compatriots) current models which are in high
demand by discriminating players everywhere, it is extremely valuable to me as a keepsake. It is a reminder
of what Joe had in mind, and his determination to make a better instrument that would finally become the
standard by which all diatonic harmonicas are measured. Finally, it is more valuable to me, for what it is,
than would be a current model. I wish to thank Joe for his thoughtfulness toward me, but also for his vision
and foresight.

- Danny

--
BassHarp