Re: [Harp-L] re: Overbends

 Hey I'm just a schmuck out here in the wilds of West Virginia, so what does it matter what i think...for the record, I like the overbending technique and am pretty good at it...certainnly nothing like Chris or George or Roscoe , etc [or certainly Howard]...I have CDs by almost all the OB guys. Some I like better than others...for my ears, the technique has been best employed in the blues [Carlos's wonderful playing],  and in the various "world music" Cds [Chris's,  Howard Levy's Trio Globo stuff, The Sultan's Picnic,etc]. Now  it wouldn't be fair to say that  intonation doesn't matter as much in these musics, but it does seem to me that  it is more...flexible.

But in music that calls for spot-on intonation....there we run into problems.

Wva Bob