[Harp-L] a question

This has been  a great post; great input by great players, eloquently stated.
  Unfortunately it's subject is called, "a question".  Imo,  the goal is to
have the subject of the post reflect the  contents.  When this rule isn't
followed, some great information sometimes  does not get read.  For instance, I
get Harp-L on digest and am just lucky  i stumbled upon this interesting thread.
By now, everything i wanted  to say has already been said, again, quite
eloquently.  Nevertheless,  i will add my 2 cents.
Regarding the statement that no  progress is being made, I flabbergastedly
counter that plenty of  progress is being made, both in improvement in
intonation issues and especially  in how OB'ing has improved our overall ability to
play our instrument in  general.  As has already been said, OB'ing has lead to a
big  improvement in our fluidity in the music we like to play. Even if a
player  doesn't really don't WANT to play advant garde jazz, OB's add to our
ability to use the additional notes to great effect in any style we choose  to
play.  Is there anybody Harp-L'er out there who doesn't dig Carlos  Del Junco's
"Big Boy" CD?  Seriously, is  there?
  Maybe I just don't  possess an ear so keen that the intonation problems
bother me, and to this  I say, "Thank goodness!"   I dig the heck out of all this
stuff that's being done  nowadays on the diatonic.  Just because a few notes
may not be in  perfect intonation doesn't keep me from enjoying the new lines
OB'ing has  created, nor keep me from improving what I say and how I say it on
our  wonderful little instrument.
ron