[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, re: Spain

  rainbowjimmy  wrote:
Spain is a great piece of music beautifully played, with spirit, style, and
grace. Good work, Ludo.

Yes like many harp tunes, sax solos, and Grateful Dead songs there is a little questionable intonation. It did not interefere with my enjoyment of the piece.

  Thanks Jimmy,

  I understand both your and Richard's point of view, and agree with both.

  As in the recent thread about intonation/pitch-issues, I often am more in favor of a piece played with passion that might have technical flaws, rather than the other way round.

  Listening technically as a harmonica player though, the critique can take the overhand with me also, when the playing is sloppy.
  Hey, I even critisize the best players in the world like that (to myself anyway)on a regular basis ;-)

  Ludo