[Harp-L] Re:Dream amps

I'd, of course have to agree with Andy's testimonial to the Hurricane V8 amplifier. I wrote the original review
of the Hurricane V8 several years back that was published in the American Harmonica Newsletter. The review
model of the Hurricane was given serial number 001. I purchased that amp from Gary since I was so impressed
with the sound. Gary indicated to me the amp used slightly different components from the production models,
yielding just a few extra watts. Mine is all black alligator tolex with red piping, and also has the line out feature.
Plugged into the house PA you can be heard on an equal footing with the guitar(s). Of all my amps, it's still the
go-to for most of my gigs.

Bill Otten

Andy Vincent wrote:
However, I bought (from a harp-L posting a few years back) what I consider
to be the best small amp I have ever played through - a Hurricane V-8 made by
Gary Drouin in Florida. typical Champ-like setup tube-wise (5Y3, 6V6, 12AX7),
8" speaker in a cool looking white ostrich face/ brown "gator" sides covering
with a black round speaker grill cloth with a white musical note in the
center. I just checked and his old website isn't there any more. It has a
line out on the back and in a pinch I've used just this amp lined out to a nice PA
and been pretty happy with my sound. It works very well for recording and low
volume duos (harp & guitar), and it is nice and light and small for an older
guy to carry.

Any one else here have one or know where I can get another one?

Andy Vincent