[Harp-L] re: trills etc.

Blues piano players play the same notes as the head shake and they call it a
trill even though the notes are not adjacent. It appears musical terms from
classical music get adapted to fit less standard applications in blues.

Most people on a harp list will know what a headshake is, know it's slang, and
know it's slang peculiar to the harmonica profession. If I was asking a sax
player about music theory I would say I was trilling the G and the B. Most
musicians have slang peculiar to their instrument.

Also: when discussing the blues scale it is interesting to note that pianists
will often crush the blue note and the regular note(a slang term peculiar to
pianists meaning play both notes at the same time).

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm