Re: [Harp-L] Your 'dream' small amp?

In a strange quirk of fate, the 1st amp I ever owned was a Kalamazoo that I
bought new many years ago when I bought a used electric guitar (some strange
Japanese job with lots of chrome and slider switches).  I never learned to
play guitar, and before I played amplified harp I gave the amp and guitar to a
nephew. I am of course regretting the loss of the Kalamazoo...

However, I bought (from a harp-L posting a few years back) what I consider
to be the best small amp I have ever played through - a Hurricane V-8 made by
Gary Drouin in Florida. typical Champ-like setup tube-wise (5Y3, 6V6, 12AX7),
8"  speaker in a cool looking white ostrich face/ brown "gator" sides covering
with  a black round speaker grill cloth with a white musical note in the
center. I  just checked and his old website isn't there any more. It has a line
out on the  back and in a pinch I've used just this amp lined out to a nice PA
and been  pretty happy with my sound. It works very well for recording and low
volume duos  (harp & guitar), and it is nice and light and small for an older
guy to  carry.

Any one else here have one or know where I can get another one?

As for the Crate VC508, I got my daughter a used one for use with her strat
(she is learning guitar and I made it a point to get her a small tube amp -
that  maybe I could borrow?). Its a fun amp for in the living room, but doesn't
come  close to the Hurricane V-8 or the Kalamazoo.

Andy Vincent