Re: [Harp-L] Golden Melody

>  It takes me about
> 30-45 minutes to get a low D SP20 into equal temperament and Paddy
Richter.
> If you want to do a Pat Missin job and retune your Lee Oskar to Just or an
> intermediate tuning you'll need the cents tables on his site. Tinkerers
> unite!  :-)
>
> Steve

I agree with your recommendation for setting up harps to suit your needs,
definitely a worthwhile skill to develop.  I prefer Major key Lee Oskars
which are 12tET, and I prefer 19Limit JI so tune them like so, along with
gapping and putting spots of nail polish in the corners of the reeds, ala
Pat Missin style.
  Talking of which, did you know Pat Missin tunes harmonicas to 12tET, as
well as various Just Intonation, and tempered fine tunings?  He's not
welded to JI only tunings.
  And for other the other readers' benefit: when tuning instruments to JI,
and indeed some temperings, using ones ears while playing intervals gets
better results than comparing individual notes played through a tuner,
against a little chart of numbers.  Indeed Altered States Tun.txt gives a
practical guide how to use your ears to get a sweet sounding harp.

  That said, if your ears aren't trained it does take a bit of practice to
know what to listen out for - a shareware program called "NCH Tone" along
with a bit of music theory knowledge of ratios can help you in that
department.
-- G.
  http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/harptechtips.html